REBOUND RACE WAIVER Terms & Conditions/Event Rules
Agreement, waiver, release of claims, warning of risk, assumption of risk, terms and conditions, course rules
Participants and Volunteers you must read this document carefully before agreeing to enter into this event
This waiver has important legal consequences and may limit or eliminate the ability of you or your children, spouse, guardians, legal or personal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, or anyone else who might claim or sue on participant’s behalf, to bring future legal actions or obtain compensation, including in the event of your injury or death. It is a condition of your agreement, entry into and participation of the event “REBOUND RACE” (herein referred to as the “Event”) that you accept these terms and conditions. If you do not accept all the terms and conditions as
listed below, you must not enter or participate in the Event REBOUND RACE.
This Event is physically demanding and carries potential and inherent dangerous risk and physical harm to the participant. These potential risks cannot be completely eliminated, in doing so would completely change the nature of this Event. This is a physically demanding and challenging Event regardless of the care and safeguards Rebound Race has engaged in.
1. I acknowledge and accept that participation in the Event may involve the risk of temporary or permanent physical injury or harm (injury) or even death, arising from various hazards including but not limited to vehicle and pedestrian traffic, hypothermia, spectator collision, participant collision, heat exhaustion, personal injury, slippery and uneven surfaces, breakages or defects at/in the Event site or equipment, failure or unsuitability of a participant’s equipment (including mine), overexertion, stroke, permanent disability, spinal injuries, paralysis, heart attack, dehydration, inhalation of foam, encounter with obstacle (natural or man-made), and encounter with water (pool or on road), uneven surface hazards, inadequate first aid or emergency procedures, accidents with other competitors, spectators or road users, and weather hazards/conditions. I further acknowledge that I could be subject to common minor injuries such as scrapes, bruises, cuts, abrasions, sprains, nausea. I further acknowledge I could be exposed to infection, broken bones, torn ligaments, heat/cold related illnesses, exhaustion, concussion, bad judgement/error, erratic behaviour of fellow participants or myself, contact with natural hazards, e.g., lightning strikes, uneven ground, ticks/insects, wildlife, poisonous plants;
2. I acknowledge and accept that injury or death may result not only from my actions (including physical exertion) but also from the actions, omissions or negligence of other people in connection with the Event.
3. I understand and agree that participation in the Event, separately and cumulatively, may constitute a “dangerous recreational activity” under the Civil Liability Act 2002 (NSW).
4. I warrant I have sufficient and necessary competence, training and experience to participate in the Event.
5. Prior to participating in the Event, I have had the opportunity to consult a medical practitioner, especially if I am pregnant, disabled, have a communicable disease or have recently suffered any illness, injury or impairment, physical or mental. I agree it is my responsibility to determine whether I am sufficiently fit, healthy, skilled and physically trained to safely participate in the Event, and I undertake to withdraw from the Event and not participate if on the date of the Event I am not in good health and proper physical condition. I warrant that I have no physical, medical or mental conditions of which I am aware or should be aware that would affect my ability to safely participate in the Event, or which would result in my participation creating a risk of danger to myself or others, greater than the risk assumed by a healthy person of a similar age as me. I further warrant I have not been advised or cautioned by a medical practitioner not to participate in the Event.
6. I consent to receiving any first aid and medical treatment which may be deemed
advisable in the event of accident, injury and/or illness as a result of my involvement
in the Event.
7. I agree to accept all costs associated with any emergency medical care/procedure
and transportation in the event that it may be required
8. I acknowledge SwitchBack Events Pty Ltd is not the owner of the Event site, which
may include public/private land, and I understand and agree that the owner(s) of the
event site owe/s no duty of care or contractual obligation/s to me.
9. I acknowledge and accept that there is a risk of loss, theft, damage and destruction
to my personal property at the Event. I agree that I am solely responsible for the security of my personal possessions and equipment before, during and after the Event.
10. In consideration of being allowed to participate in the Event, I (on my own behalf and on behalf of my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors and assigns):
(a) to the maximum extent permitted by law, agree that Switchback Events Pty Ltd, including their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, events sponsors, volunteers, community organisations, all State, Federal and Local Government authorities in which jurisdiction the Event may be staged and the owners, licensees or occupiers of any property which I enter and their respective officers, directors, employees, independent contractors, sponsors, representatives, agents, members and volunteers, including medical and paramedical personnel are not liable to any person whether in contract, tort, under statute or otherwise for any personal injury, property damage, direct, indirect or consequential loss suffered by me (unless licitly imposed), caused by or connected with my participation in the Event (collectively referred to as the “harm”), including harm suffered by me due to any person’s negligence; and
(b) irrevocably indemnify release and hold harmless the persons or entities mentioned in paragraph 9(a) (the Organisers) from and against any and all liabilities, claims or actions (including for negligence) whatever or however caused, arising as a result or in connection with, directly or indirectly, my participation in and travelling to and from the Event, including any claim by my support crew or any person assisting me.
(c) Releasing Parties include: the participant as well as participant’s spouse, children, parents, guardians, heirs, next of kin, and any legal or personal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, or anyone else who might claim or sue on participant’s behalf.
11. I accept the Event policies and conditions relating to communications, search, rescue and medical aid arrangements and all other policies published by the Organisers and each of which will be made available on my request.
12. I understand and agree that any safety precautions undertaken by the Organisers (such as course supervision, obstacle supervision, race safety briefings, and safety checks) are a service to me and other competitors but do not guarantee my safety or avoidance from harm.
13. I understand the respective Organisers’ public liability insurance is limited and does not (and is not required by me to) cover or protect me from any injury or damage I cause or contribute to, whether to me or to others, or any loss or harm I sustain or is
caused by me whilst participating in the Event (and before and after the Event) and I am advised to obtain, and I remain responsible for obtaining, my own insurances and cover (including full private health insurance and adequate income protection insurance). I can confirm that I have obtained private health insurance which is appropriate for my personal circumstances (and the risks which are disclosed in this Waiver/terms and conditions), or which a reasonable person would expect to occur when undertaking this Event.
14. I understand the Organisers reserve the right to alter the advertised course or close, postpone, reschedule or cancel the Event at their discretion, including for the following reasons: if natural or man-made emergencies make administering the Event unreasonable due to weather conditions, natural disaster, acts of god, terrorism, bomb threats, evacuation, war or any other reason (at the organisers’ discretion), and that my entry fee will be non-refundable. In the circumstances that the Event be rescheduled after one month of the original date and I cannot make it, I will be entitled to transfer to another Event (with no transfer fee) or be entitled to a refund provided I advise the Organisers within 10 days of the announced date change.
15. I agree to act appropriately at all times at the Event, including obeying all laws, regulations, Event rules and the directions of Event officials and I understand that my entry may be voided if through my actions or behaviour, in the opinions of the Organisers, I have broken these rules, any law or regulation or brought the Event into disrepute. I further understand that the Organisers reserve the right to reject any entry without having to justify or give reasons for their actions.
16. I acknowledge that I will not be under the influence of any illegal substances, alcohol or drugs on event day as it would impair my decision to participate on the obstacles and at the event and further acknowledge that I will be removed from the Event if I am intoxicated by either alcohol or drugs.
17. I grant permission to SwitchBack Events Pty Ltd (and its affiliates or contractors) to record and photograph my involvement in the Event (the “Recordings”) and to use such Recordings (including all content on those Recordings) in any media and for any purpose without my consent or crediting me and without payment and/or compensation to me. The Recordings are the sole property of Switchback Events Pty Ltd to use for any purpose, including but not limited to its promoting, advertising and marketing activities. To the extent I may own the Recordings or any content in the Recordings, I hereby assign the Recordings and such content to Switchback Events Pty Ltd.
18. I understand my email address may be used to communicate information about this and other sports events, may be given to sponsors of this Event and or be sent information about competitions and other Switchback Events Pty Ltd from which I may unsubscribe to at any time.
19. I acknowledge and accept that if alternative arrangements are made for individuals to collect an Event registration pack on my behalf no responsibility will be allocated against the Organisers in case of loss, theft or damage.
20. I understand that my registration for the Event is transferable to other people at transfer fee of $10.00 If I am unable to compete, provided they sign a waiver, or if the Event is cancelled, my registration fee is non-refundable.
21. I understand that this participant waiver constitutes a “risk warning” under the Civil
Liability Act 2002 (NSW).
22. If a participant is aged between 13-18 years of aged, they must have a parent or
legal guardian sign their waiver
23. If a participant or spectator is aged between 7-12 years of age, they MUST be
accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times whilst participating or spectating at this event, that means on the course/obstacle/event centre/toilets/viewing area, parent or legal guardian is responsible for ensuring 1 child per 1 adult ratio for children in their care – no exceptions
24. Waivers cannot be signed for someone else unless you are the parent or legal guardian, such as in the case that participants are aged between 7-17.
Rebound Race Event Rules
• Participants are to follow the marked course to each obstacle at all times
• Participants are to follow instructions by course officials or event staff at all times
• No pushing, shoving or other behaviour that could put fellow participants or yourself
in danger or at risk
• Participants are to follow instructions at each obstacle at all times
• Participants must wait at an obstacle when instructed to by event staff
• Participants must only use the obstacle as instructed at all times
• Participants must show respect for all equipment and fellow participants at all times
• Participants must not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs whilst participating
in the event or on event grounds, before or after the event
• Participants must use public toilets provided at all times – no exceptions
• Participants must follow course directional changes and shutdowns at all times
• No wheeled conveyances such as wheelchairs, prams, scooters, bikes etc. allowed on
the course at any time
• No pets allowed on the course at any time
• No loose clothing or loose items that may pose a risk to the participant or fellow
participants, spectators or employees etc. allowed to be carried on obstacles or
within the course at any time
• Participants can go through the course once only at their allocated wave time
• Participants cannot change their wave times once allocated
• Disobeying Rebound Race rules will see the participant’s or groups being removed
from the course and event altogether – no exceptions
• Participants must notify course officials, event staff, volunteers immediately if there
is an injury, emergency, an obstacle that looks or is unsafe, obstacle mishaps, trip hazards or any other concern that may arise whilst out on the course or participating at this event
• It is illegal for adults to sign other participating adult’s waivers – unless they require legal guardianship.
• If a participant is aged between 7 – 17 – a parent or legal guardian MUST sign their waiver – no exceptions.
• If participant is a child aged between 7 – 13 they must be with an adult participant at all times whilst participating in the Event and whilst on event grounds – 1 adult per 1 child – strictly no exceptions
I agree to follow Rebound Race event rules (as outlined above) and instructions as instructed by event staff at all times. If I fail to follow the rules, disobey instructions or display behaviour that may threaten others, I will be removed from the course and event precinct altogether – no exceptions.
I have read and fully understand the above important information, risk warning, assumption of risk, waiver and release of claims and certify I am 18 years of age or older. If under 18, a parent or legal guardian MUST sign this waiver. If children are aged between 7 and 13, they MUST be accompanied by an adult at all times (1 adult per 1 child) – no exceptions.
I further agree that it is my responsibility to notify event staff/management or event crew immediately in the instance that I notice anything around the course, or with an obstacle or persons acting unlawfully, that I see as being unsafe or posing a serious risk or harm to fellow participants/spectators/volunteers/event staff.
I declare that I understand the risks and serious danger that can occur at this event and therefore am willingly and voluntarily participating in the event.
I further declare that I have had a health check to make sure that I am fit and able to participate in this event that requires me to be physically able, and have not been told otherwise by any medical or allied health professional.
I further declare that I agree to my own waiver, and not someone else’s unless I am the parent or legal guardian.